Trinity Fellowship Board Meeting
June 21, 2000
Don Williams, Cindy Morefield, Todd & Sherry Truffin
Todd brought the meeting to order.
4/27 minutes reviewed; "2/21 minutes" changed to "3/16 minutes"; Sherry moved that minutes be accepted as amended; Don seconded; motion carried.
Ken's 6/7 report was read and accepted.
- Web Page - Todd will be updating book pages soon.
- Fall Outreach on Campus - Cindy will design logo this week for use on T-shirts, sign, etc.; Todd will find out cost of getting T-shirts made and also the dates for freshman move-in; Don will find out if we can have a table at registration.
- Ideas for registration table: distribute fliers and homemade cookies (Sherry & Cindy have volunteered to make cookies; will ask Lois & Marsha, too), "Real Food" theme, use a presentation board (avail. Staples?) for backdrop.
- Directory - Sherry has typed the directory and sent it to EFCA; after she receives the updates from Don she will email it to everyone on the list.
- Yard Sale - the yard sale was successful; we made $83.40. There are still unsold items in the side room that need to be taken to the Salvation Army or a similar place.
- Sunday School (Fall) - Sherry will bring a list of the IVP studies to the next board meeting and we will choose one.
- Interior Paint - Don made a motion that we paint the interior of the church (sanctuary walls and trim; maybe other rooms if we have the time/paint/energy); we will provide both the paint and the labor, and borrow equipment from Morefields and Lasses if possible; Sherry seconded; motion carried. Sherry will contact Lasses via email to see if/when we can use their equipment. Cindy will choose paint colors and purchase paint once date for painting has been set. Our goal is to have the painting finished before the beginning of the fall semester.
- Sign - Our outdoor sign and window signs need to be redone. We can use new logo for consistency. Cindy has agreed to repaint the signs.
- Curtains - Cindy will get some prices for curtains for the front windows.
- Lawn - Mr. Lass is out of town, so Todd, Cindy & Don will meet at the church at 7:30 am this Saturday to mow the lawn; Todd & Cindy will bring lawn mowers, Don will bring a trimmer.
- Art - Sherry made a motion that Cindy's painting, Courses, be hung in the sanctuary once it is available from Cindy's current show, and that the church consider buying the painting at a future date; Don seconded; motion carried. Cindy agreed to make this painting available on loan for the next few months, or until it is sold.
- Gerl Move - The Gerls are moving on July 15th, and we want to honor their service to this church. Cindy moved that we purchase a wall hanging for them (like the one we have in the sanctuary) in Athens; Sherry seconded; motion carried. The gift will be presented to them at a special Inklings on Sunday evening, July 9th, at the Truffins'. Don will send out a "call for papers" to current and previous church members to bring or send items to be read that night in honor of Mark & Debby.
- Liturgical Year - Cindy suggested that, beginning with Advent this year, we experiment with incorporating elements of the liturgical calendar in the worship services, etc. Sherry added that we could also focus on these themes with Inklings and perhaps issue "calls for work" dealing with the various seasons (e.g., Advent, Lent, etc.) as a way of encourage more people to contribute or bring work to Inklings.
- Stricklands - Don made a motion that we use $40 given by Bryan Race (designated for the Stricklands), the money earned from the yard sale, and money from the general fund to pay for repairs to Danny Strickland's hearing aid; Danny said this would cost $189; Sherry seconded; motion carried. Cindy and Todd will talk to Danny on Saturday to determine when we can take him to get the hearing aid repaired. The church will pay the hearing aid repairer directly.
- Next Meeting - Wednesday, July 12, 5pm at the church.
Someone made a motion to adjourn the meeting; motion carried.
Cynthia L. Morefield, Secretary